Search This Blog

Saturday 12 June 2010

Green in Granada



























































I'd heard that Granada was a beautiful colonial city so I was excited to be going there to check it out. And indeed it is, gorgeous and quaint and you could easily be in Europe with all of beautiful churches. It is a much better maintained town that Leon but somehow that added to Leon's attraction - the rawness and its roots with the Sandinistas.


My excitement for Granada however was brought to an abrupt end after dinner on the first night and I spent the next 36 hours in pretty bad shape.
I did manage to get out a little bit and walk around town and down to the lake but I have to say my appetite for all things, including adventure, was missing in Granada.

If I have time and get a chance I'll go back again to do more and see more including possibly climbing more volcanoes, swimming in more crater lakes and maybe a cruise around the isletas in the lake. At this point, the photos should give you an idea of the beauty of this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.