Search This Blog

Sunday 4 July 2010

Don't come here, you'll hate it!

I finally left the Corn Islands today. Well in fact I left Little Corn yesterday and flew out of Big Corn this morning. I could have stayed longer, much longer. But the longer I stayed the harder to leave. Particularly when Carlito and Leo and Julisa were there everyday with smiles, chats and most importantly, Island gossip (well Julisa didn't gossip but she is only five).

I hope the video of Little Corn will upload successfully now - enjoy..



------

The next few days travel is strategically timed to get me to El Salvador for the World Cup semis on Tuesday. Tomorrow is going to be horrible, two border crossings - into Honduras, then El Salvador. From there I'll figure out where to go next and where I should be for the weekend finals.

Tonight I am spending in a town called Jinotega in the northern highlands of Nicaragua. Stunningly beautiful mountain scenery all around. This is the famed coffee growing region of Nicaragua and when I went to order a coffee at the bakery this afternoon she offered me instant... when i eventually got my percolated coffee it was so weak I could just taste sugar and milk. This is not meant to be the way but it sums up my experience ordering coffee in growing regions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.