Search This Blog

Monday 6 September 2010

Antigua, again...














































After an overnight bus, followed by a five hour wait for the next bus that got me to Guatemala City at 7pm, I thought it best to jump in a cab straight for Antigua so that all the travelling could be out of the way.


The staff at the hostel there are just lovely and it was really like coming home, being welcomed back with a big hug by Adela. Just what one needs after a couple of days on buses.


It was easy to spend another five days in Antigua and with landslides happening everywhere and tourists stranded because of the situation near the lake, there were quite a few people just hanging around.


I pretty much spent these days in Antigua finishing off the Christmas shopping, buying all the last gifts to send home. Sam arrived on Sunday after being stranded down at the Lake but ended up seeing Antigua in record time, managing to climb Pacaya, all in a less than 24 hour stopover. Makes me glad I’m not rushing.


Most of the people in the hostel were either Australian or Israeli, Aussies travelling for a long time and Israelis just for a month. I managed to learn a few words of Hebrew but all I can remember is difduf (not sure about the spelling) which means when it is sprinkling. Sorry Dor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.