Search This Blog

Friday 29 October 2010

Central America In Four Days







































In the past four days I have travelled from Utila in the Bay Islands of Honduras to Panama City. Almost from one end of Central America to another. I started with the 6.20am ferry from Utila on Tuesday morning and finally arrived here in Panama at around 4pm on Friday. The last bus ride alone was 17 hours. Along the way I got to stay in two of my least favourite places, San Pedro Sula and Managua.

I did have a nice little chuckle to myself however in San Jose where, while waiting between buses, I popped down to the Mexican restaurant down the road for dinner. Inside the menu at Maria Bonitas is a note to diners, just under the part where they tell you about the compulsory service charge. It said "To be a family restaurant the loving scenes they are prohibited". How cute is that. It was about 9pm on a Thursday night and I was the only paying customer there. There was also grandpa watching the baseball on the giant plasma, daughter who was the waitress, dad the maitre'd and I suspect mum was in the kitchen.

But I'm here now, in the most cosmopolitan city in Central America and the only capital worth staying in. There's even skyscraper buildings. I'll take a photo tomorrow and upload it - there's a great view across the water from my room.

Anyway, that's all I can say about this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.